Call us Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm to make an appointment. Our helpful staff will be glad to answer any questions you may have.
When bringing in an animal for slaughter, be sure to have it here by 8am the morning of slaughter. It’s always helpful if you have a list of eaters and phone numbers ready to go.
How Much Meat will I actually Take Home?
Frankly there is no exact answer to this question. Why? Because…
- Each animal is built differently! One may have more muscle or fat or bone than the next.
- Meat can be close trimmed or left with some fat on. Cutting differences determine quality.
- Meat can be boneless or bone-in. This will make a difference in the weight and amount of meat you put in your freezer.
- Weight loss during slaughter and processing of meat from live animals to table-ready cuts is normal.
Slaughtering removes blood, hide, and inedible parts form the animal. In beef, veal, and lamb it will account for an average loss of slightly less than half the original live weight of the animal. The slaughter weight loss in hogs averages about one-quarter of the live weight.
EXAMPLE: If your steer weighs 750 lbs. live, it will weigh 397 – 465 lbs. dressed. (53%-62% of live weight)
Processing is the cutting of the dressed meat into ready- to- cook portions. It accounts for another loss in weight as excess fat and bone are trimmed away. Not only does trimming make meat more appetizing, but it also eliminates extra storage space and further kitchen preparation.
EXAMPLE: If your hog weighs 145lbs. dressed, expect approximately 104lbs. – 118lbs. of eating meat after processing. (72% – 82% of dressed weight)
|Beef||53% - 62% of Live Weight|
|Veal||53% - 58% of Live Weight|
|Pork||67% - 75% of Live Weight|
|Lamb||48% - 52% of Live Weight|
|Beef||50% - 65% of Dressed Weight|
|Veal||81% - 85% of Dressed Weight|
|Pork||72% - 82% of Dressed Weight|
|Lamb||70% - 90% of Dressed Weight|
Minimum Processing Fee $400
- Beef are slaughtered on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Please have your animal at the plant by 8am the day of slaughter.
- Generally, Beef are aged between 10 and 14 days. Age time depends on fat content and fat cover.
Beef Slaughter & Processing Pricing
|Slaughter Fee||$75||per animal|
|Processing Fee||$1.00||per Lb. times the dressed weight|
|Make Patties||$0.45||Per Lb.|
|Split into Halves||$3.00||Per Half|
|Divide a Half in Half||$5.00||Per Quarter|
|Extra Boning||$0.20||Per Pound|
|Cut Stew Meat||$0.50||Per Pound|
|Bone and Tenderize Round Steaks||$3.00||Per Half|
|Make Cubed Steaks||$3.00||Per Half|
|Bone Out Prime Rib||$5.00||Per Half|
|Bone out Loin||$10.00||Per Half|
Minimum Processing Fee $200
- Hogs are slaughtered on Tuesdays. Please be sure to have your animals here by 8am the day of slaughter.
- Hogs are processed on Thursday of the same week and your fresh meat will be ready for pick-up on Friday.
- Cured and Smoked meats are usually ready for pick-up 1 1/2 weeks after your fresh.
Pork Slaughter & Processing Pricing
|Slaughter Fee||$50||350 Lbs. or Less|
|Slaughter Fee||$60.00||351 Lbs. or over|
|Processing||$1.00||Per Lb. Times the Dressed Weight|
|Cure||$1.00||Per Pound on What we Do|
|Sausage||$0.25||Per Pound on What We Do|